May 25, 2017

Althea's Romantic Date Box Review

안녕 beauts, I am very excited to share the box that I recently got from Althea Philippines - it is called Romantic Date Box. 🌹💕💑
 
What is an Althea Box?

Althea box is based on a specific theme giving us beauts the chance to get a mix of loved and new products which are released twice a month. I had a chance to get hold of their Romantic Date box. Each box can hold 6 - 12 full-size products depending on the theme and value. 

There's no commitment on subscribing for a monthly, quarterly or yearly payment to get these beauty boxes however these boxes are limited. Source: Althea

What's inside the box?

The Romantic Date box contains 8 full-size products. Basically, everything that you'll need for a special and romantic date can be found in this box.

Nature Republic: Real Fresh Rose Petal Moisture Mask
Tony Moly: Face Mix Primer Color Cushion #Lavender
Aritaum: Sugarball Cushion Blusher #4
Hope Girl: Magic Long Long Lash Mascarra
Chica Y Chico: Matte Lip #Josephine
Calmia: Perfume in Hand Cream #Cherry Blossom
It's Skin: Mangowhite Body Mist
With Shyan: Nail Lacquer #Shadow
After how many years (LOL!!) I finally got the chance to try all the products. Get ready with me? 💄😍💋

Prep your skin with Nature Republic Real Fresh Rose Petal Moisture Mask. This mask has a watery consistency and has tiny bits of rose petals, I assume. It gives off a slightly strong smell but it is tolerable and it fades once applied to the skin. I didn't feel the difference after washing it off it but I loved how soft and moisturized my skin was the next morning. 🌹🌹
Brighten your skin with Tony Moly Face Mix Primer Color Cushion in Lavender. I was very excited to try this color correcting cushion coz I have not tried something like this before. I tried using it and was very surprised of the result - it made my face really really pale and white hahaha! 👻

I tried checking what does lavender color corrector does and according to my research, it eliminates yellow tones in your face. Considering this, I guess it really did a very good job in removing the yellow tone in my face. LOL. So if you like that pale Korean skin then you can try this out to achieve that look. I'm afraid I won't use this on a date unless I want to scare off my date. 

Get that sweet flushed cheeks with Aritaum Sugarball Cushion Blusher in #4. It is a cream blusher that gives lovely and sweet flush on cheeks. I've been using BB cushions but this was my first time trying cushion blusher. I love the color of this cushion as you'll get the natural flushed look perfect for a date. It is also quite pigmented that you'll just need little amount of product to get that natural look. This is one of my favorite product included in the box. 🙈
Flutter your lashes with Hope Girl Magic Long Long Lash Mascarra. I love this mascarra as it does not smudge even after a long day but it is easy to remove as well. It does not clump up my lashes and it has that fibers that makes your lashes longer. It's long wand makes it easier to apply. I just found a new love! 😉
 Accentuate your lips with Chica Y Chico Matte Lip in Josephine. Honestly, this product is my least favorite out of the products included in the box. Why? It's not the matte that I imagine; it is so creamy that you'll only get the matte finish if you blot it out (which is quite a waste). I rarely use matte lipsticks but I have tried one (Pink Sugar) and it does not feel as heavy as this Chica Y Chico Matte Lip. It does not last long either. The description of the product says it is a pink lip color however it is more on the orangey side for me. I guess it's me, not you LOL. Sorry Chica Y Chico. 💋
Make those hands baby soft using Calmia Perfume in Hand Cream Cherry Blossom. This hand cream is lightweight; it does not feel greasy at all. It gives-off a slightly strong scent but it subsides after a while. 👐
Splash with It's Skin Mangowhite Body Mist for that light and sweet scent. This mist gives off that fruity and fresh scent. You can use this to layer your scent for a more long lasting fragrance. 

 Paint those nails with With Shyan Nail Lacquer in Shadow.This is also my favorite as the shade suits my liking. ❤ And unlike other nail lacquers, this does not chip off easily.
Final Verdict: This is my first time trying an Althea box and definitely not the last. The thing I love about Althea box is that you'll get products in much much lower price. The Romantic Date Box costs Php 1320 with products that originally cost Php 5820 if purchased separately. Considering the price of the box compared to the price of each product when purchased separately, it's such a steal. Let me know if you have tried the Althea Box! 안녕!!

No comments:

Post a Comment