July 1, 2017

Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe: A Taste of Seoul in Manila

Bingsu is a popular korean dessert made of flavored shaved ice topped with milk and different kinds of fresh fruits, rice cakes, brownies and the classic red bean.The closest Filipino dessert that I could think of that is similar to bingsu is our all-time favorite halo-halo though they are different in many ways.

And our favorite stop to satisfy our bingsu craving is Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe in SM Megamall and Reliance St., Mandaluyong City but my friends and I prefer the branch in Reliance St. as it is less crowded compared to the Megamall branch. BTW, it says Lee's Cafe in the front signage of the store in Reliance which is a bit confusing.
Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe in Mandaluyong
Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe
The place.
If you're a kpop or kdrama fan, then you'll certainly love this place as they play kpop songs and kdrama OSTs in their mounted flat screen TV with HD videos. But if you're not a fan, I guess you will enjoy this as well. You'll leave the place  with last song syndrome. The place is quite cozy and spacious, I can stay there all day. LOL!
Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe in Mandaluyong
Photo from Zomato 
The menu.
Below's their menu with flavors that suit Filipino taste buds which comes in regular and large size. I always eat with my two other chingus and two regular sized bingsus are enough to satisfy our cravings. BTW, there are other snacks available in their menu which we haven't tried yet.
 
Our recommendations.
I haven't tried other bingsus yet but I was pretty satisfied with the bingsu in Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe. Here are some of the flavors that we've tried.

Choco Brownie bingsu is our favorite. It has chocolate flavored shaved ice topped with chocolate powder and syrup, whipped cream, nuts and chunks of brownies. I love how each ingredient compliment each other and I like that it is not too sweet but is enough to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Choco Brownie Bingsu from Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe Matcha Red Bean bingsu is also a must-try. The shaved ice is sprinkled with matcha powder and topped with sweet red beans, nuts and a few chunk of rice cake. The sweet red beans and the matcha powder is a perfect combination! BTW, this flavor is not yet available in the Megamall branch.
Matcha Red Bean Bingsu from Hobing Korean Dessert CafeStrawberry bingsu is topped with loads of strawberry slices, whipped cream and strawberry syrup. If you love strawberries then you'll definitely love this but if not, then this isn't for you.
Strawberry Bingsu from Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe
Others
I always love the banana and mango combination but Banana Mango bingsu did not capture my taste buds. It's not bad but there's nothing special to it.
Banana Mango Bingsu from Hobing Korean Dessert CafeMango Cheese bingsu is the last in our list. It's just that the mangoes were sour and unripe (I guess) when we tried this flavor. But I'm willing to give this another chance. LOL!
Mango Cheese Bingsu from Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe 
Final Verdict.
I love bingsus from Hobing Korean Dessert Cafe and have nothing bad to say about this store so I think I will always be a regular in their place, together with my chingus. ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment