July 29, 2017

Kdrama Review: Cinderella and the Four Knights

I grew up hearing the story of Cinderella and her happily ever after. And though Cinderella was my favorite fairy tale I was not ecstatic when I first heard of the kdrama Cinderella  and the Four Knights. Probably because I am not very familiar with the casts but I had a change of heart after watching the first episode - I know! this happened to me many times now. Lol!
The Hits
An old and familiar story told in a new way. Cinderella and the Four Knights is somehow similar to the Cinderella story that we know - it is about a girl who is mistreated by her stepmother and stepsister while his father works away from home. Her life changed drastically after meeting the rich Kang cousins.

Aside from similarities of the plot in the Cinderella story we know, this kdrama talks about family that we all can relate to. It shows that no family is perfect, we argue, we fight but at the end of the day a family will always be a family; just like the Kang cousins.

Modern Cinderella Eun Ha Won. I loved the character of Eun Ha Won - she's nice, sweet, strong, hardworking, virtuous and stands for herself; she doesn't need a guy to rescue her. She's a perfect depiction of a millenial Cinderella. And Park So Dam portrayed her character very well. Her smile is infectious and just brightens up every scene. She's a gem, I love her.
Not just one but four knights. It's always nice to see handsome boys in a kdrama, agree? These guys are cute when they get on each other's nerves but it's cuter seeing them secretly looking out for each other.

Jung Il Woo portrayed the rebellious yet soft-hearted Kang Ji Woon. Though his character is rebellious, he didn't seem that defiant at all. I think that character does not fit him; the sweet and cute Kang Ji Woon suits him better.

I did not like his stiff character at first but he became absolutely lovable towards the middle of this kdrama. He's cute and his smile is just captivating.

Ahn Jae Hyun was the arrogant and playboy Kang Hyun Min which I think fits him perfectly. I was really convinced that he's a player. This guy really needs a beating and I'm glad that Eun Ha Won gave him that. He's my favorite knight tho.
 Lee Jung Shin as the affectionate singer-song writer Kang Seo Woo is uhm.. just okay. I love his song - Confession.
Choi Min as secretary Lee Yoon Sung was a surprise. Initially I wasn’t sure who the fourth knight was, but then I realize that it was him. He has a stiff and serious character but it's nice to see how he look after the Kang cousins and acted as the Kuya of the group.
The OST that just can't get out of my head. For You by BTOB will leave you with that last song syndrome. The song is just perfect plus it was sang by my dorky boys. Whoa..whoa.. Hearing the sweet voices of BTOB on the background makes my heart skip a beat.
The Misses.
The paasa love triangle. I started to love this kdrama because I found Kang Hyun Min and Eun Ha Won cute but they just drifted apart. Sad. It's like they promised you something that they can't keep. It was disappointing at some point. I really love their chemistry.
Damsel in Distress Park Hye Ji. I honestly grew tired of Son Na Eun's character here. I was tired of her crying scenes that I skip them. Jinjja! 
Do I recommend this kdrama? If you like something that has an easy-breezy story with lovable female and male leads then yes, I recommend this kdrama to you!

Photo credits:

No comments:

Post a Comment